I thought I was done with this but I’m not. Time to have more of a play in R with Land registry data and the National Statistics Postcode Lookup (NSPL). You never know maps and networks might also be involved.
I’ve been trying to improve my Excel choropleth map spreadsheet from my first post.
The first thing I tried was to try to update it using some maps created on ClearlyandSimply.com. So I’ve created two new versions, one for Europe and one of the World. Both using the maps from ClearlyandSimply.com, with a few small alterations to the code so that on hovering over the map it tells you the country not the abbreviation. I did try to make my own UK maps of Constituency boundaries and Counties but using this technique but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get it to work. If you do get it to work, please let me know. Note that in both the Europe and World map the data may not be accurate and is only there for illustrative purposes.